Monday, February 28, 2011

February Flies

I can't quite believe it's going to be March tomorrow. Probably the main reason for time flying is that I've gotten started on a few of my major responsibilities. The most time-consuming one right now is teaching New Testament 3 (the third in a 3-part survey) to undergraduate theology students.

No puedo creer que el marzo comenzará mañana. La razón mas fuerte que el tiempo parece tan corto es que he empezado unas de mi responsibilidades. La que toma el mas tiempo ahora es la clase del Estudio del Nuevo Testamento 3 (3 en una serie de 3) a estudiantes en una programa de licenciatura en teología.



I also preached my first sermon here, way back on the first Sunday of February. My manuscript is available here, for those of you who read Spanish. Preparation for both preaching and teaching take much longer in Spanish, but I'm very happy to be able to communicate, even in a basic manner. I thought it was a good exercise to have to preach in fairly basic language, and I was happy with how it went, especially for my first time. Even more than the language, the challenge that I felt most in preaching was not knowing the congregation as well as I usually do. I look forward to preaching again as I get to know people even better.

También, predique por primera vez, en el primer domingo de febrero. Mi sermón está disponible aquí. Preparar para predicar o enseñar en español toma mas tiempo, pero me alegro de poder communicar, aunque sea en una manera bien basica. Mas del idioma, el desafío en predicar fue que no conocía muy bien la congregación. Espero predicar otras veces, después de conocer mas a la gente.

No comments:

Post a Comment